Pennsylvania Democrat

The results of applying rational thinking to political problems



Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


War on Drugs: Wasted Resources




Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Character Test

Here's two responses to Vietnam:

"'I request duty in Vietnam. My billet preference is "Swift" boats with a second choice of Patrol Officer in PHR Squadron. ... I consider the opportunity to serve in Vietnam an extremely important part of being in the armed forces and believe that my request is in the best interests of the Navy.'--Ensign John Kerry, 10 February 1968

"'I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes.' --George W. Bush, February 1990"


Taken from The Ruth Group.