Pennsylvania Democrat

The results of applying rational thinking to political problems



Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.


War on Drugs: Wasted Resources




Wednesday, May 19, 2004

In Defense of Separation of Church and State

I was reading some of the comments on Dave Barry's blog, and I came across this post:

"Considering that morality is undefined, and that most of my actions as a human being are lie-based, telling you I was going to bed when I had no intention to was actually amoral, neither good nor bad, and if you understood that my motive for telling you that was to keep you from worrying about me staying up all night, you might even consider it a highly moral act. So I actually had a very good reason, Mel, you see? It's very logical, when you think about it.


Posted by: Doug Brockmeier on May 19, 2004 08:55 AM"


There you have it. This is precisely what I mean when I say that democracy is neutral. Telling the truth and lying are both highly moral acts. The government cannot decide for the masses.